Friday, December 2, 2011

Have I dislocated my shoulder? ?

I was playing badminton in p.e and I was being stupid and tryin to hit the shuttlecock and spin around at the same time and when I spun and hit the shuttlecock I felt my shoulder pop and go back in again . After that I was in alot of pain and on the floor. Did I dislocate it or just twist it (it still hurts now)? If I did dislocate it do I have to go to the doctors?|||If it is dislocated you probably do need to go to the doctor. Complications of a dislocated shoulder may include:





Tearing of the muscles, ligaments and tendons that reinforce your shoulder joint


Nerve or blood vessel damage in or around your shoulder joint


Susceptibility to re-injury (shoulder instability) if you have a severe dislocation or repeated dislocations


If ligaments or tendons in your shoulder have been stretched or torn, or if nerves or blood vessels surrounding your shoulder joint have been damaged, you may need surgery to repair these tissues.





Most people regain full shoulder function within a few weeks after experiencing a dislocated shoulder. However, once you've had a dislocated shoulder your joint may become unstable and be prone to repeat dislocations. You should probably not ski for at least three or four weeks.





The Mayo clinic has excellent information about care of a dislocated shoulder, so check here.








http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/disloca鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment