Friday, December 2, 2011

Avoiding wood shots in badminton?

When I play badminton, it seems to me occasionally-half the time, the shuttlecock (birdie) hits either the rim or the neck of my racket. And I don't know if my aim is in fault of that, because I can't quite seem to estimate where the shuttlecock is going to hit when it comes to me. Help? Thanks.|||Your problem originates from a lack of proper form and experience. Try to correct your form as quickly as possible; the longer you play with a wrong one, the harder it will be to overcome it.





Proper form is basically turning your body as you hit, contacting the bird as high as possible, and having your left hand up for balance. Unfortunately, I'm not at a level in which I can teach proper form through an answer; ask a coach or someone you know who can help you with this.





If form isn't your problem (although it most likely is), then as you play more and more, you will get the timing down and it will become second nature.





Additionally, I know you are already concerned about wood hits, but just in case you need extra motivation, wood / frame hits kll birds faster costing more money for more birds, have a chance to snap strings, and damage the racket itself.





Overall, make sure that your hitting form is correct and try your best not to make mistakes. Hope this helps!|||Wear a cup. Glad I could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment